Sunday, March 4, 2012

once again to the part-time

After a long break from doing part time job, finally, now I am back to it again. First day as promoter at Giant Nilai today. When I start searching for promoter job, the thing in my mind is about the money. I need money, I need to save the money I earned so I can achieve my dream. I need jobs that offer me good pay.

But now, today, after stepping into my job, it changed my perception. Still, pay is important. Don't you come offer me with RM60 promoter job, standing from 10am to 10pm at Midvalley. No, I won't accept it. But there is another thing that I realized today. It is the people, experience and knowledge you gain throughout the process. I am in good luck today that people I met are all nice. Ok choi! I will jinx it later on. Later I got to meet all bad people tomorrow then how? T__T

And the experience and knowledge gained, they are not the things you gonna get from your books. Today, by stepping out to the work again, I gained knowledge, I gained experiences. Who knows that actually a packaging of a bottle will affect the freshness of the juice?

And today, I gained beginning of few friendship. I am happy. I could not stop smiling from after my work until now. That feeling is just something special, something I could not explain it in words =) Although it is very tiring standing from 12pm to 9pm. So tired that I even feel like fainting before my break time. Maybe because I drank only Milo before work. And the few tiny cuts on my fingers. I have no idea how I got those cuts. I haven't realize that I cut my fingers until I off. But still the whole thing worth it =)

Ok this is getting too wordy, because I have no idea how to write until I have the chance to insert my own pictures here :p Uh who cares la. I wanna insert my pictures now so I am going to do it now! :p

Pictures coming!



So lets start here. First step to a job is the resume! Not going to reveal my resume here but the pictures I attached in it! So these three are the photos I attached in the resume. What! I know la, it is amateur type of pictures la! But where I wanna find a professional looking picture of mine. They are so troubly I tell you. They want close up pictures la, half body length pictures la, and then full length pictures. Where to get all those pictures for them! These three are the most appropriate and professional looking pictures of myself! I had to search back all the self-obsessed pictures of mine to get these three! And I did apologize in the resume for attaching amateur type of picture!

Finally I got a call after few resume I sent out. Pictures attached failed to be seen lol. And they really want to see me and my body size because their uniform size is XS -.- I am not XS size. But still they send me an application form and asked me to fill in and attached another picture of mine.

 So I attached this. One of the three photos that I thought that I look most professional here LOL And they want full-length picture of mine too. So troubly! So I attached this...

..this is the worst among all. But the only clear, full-length picture that I had. This was taken at Forever 21 fitting room. Yeah, very, super duper, freaking obvious that it is taken in a fitting room! How unprofessional! And I regret that I didn't buy that top! I miss it so much! T__T

So time flies until the day I got to work..

Woots! Going to work. Haven't got my uniform yet so I wear white to work. Promoters must only wear white shirt and long black pants and black shoes to work. But ended up I can't get in too because the security guard said that my shirt has no collar T__T Still have to stand outside there wait until my supervisor come and give me the uniform. 

Yup, as you can see, the job I accepted is the F&N Fruit Tree sampling. Easy job. You go to the store, drag 2 bigass ice box, and a bigass counter to the place where you suppose to stand for the whole day. Then you set up your counter. Then again, you drag the 2 bigass ice boxes to ice room and get your ice there, and drag back to the counter. Then you chill the F&N Fruit Tree juices in it for half an hour. While waiting, you go count stock. Then when the F&N Fruit Tree juices are chilled, you take out the bottles and start doing your work. Believe me that it is really hurts when you keep taking the juices out from the mountain of ice. My hands become so red that my supervisor actually asked me that : Does it hurts? And I of course, faking on it and say : No la! Small matter! But it is actually hurts like hell T__T But to be honest la, this is one of the easiest job that I had accepted. I am so scare that my supervisor will give me concentrated juices and asked me to mix it with water  and ice before served. That is my most hated type of job. So troubly!

And the time just flies. Promoters are not allowed to bring phone to work. If not I am going to have lots of photo session in it tehee :p and I am going to post a lot of photos here. You all lucky that I can't bring my phone inside LOL

So, 9pm is the time I off! But I am being slow in packing and counting stock so I ended up reach room at 10pm T__T My extra one hour of rest time flew away. Know what's best after a whole day long of standing? Hot shower? Nah. Lousy Inti the hot shower is not hot at all. Plus no bath tub here so that is not the good one. Had to stand 20 minutes shower le! After a whole day standing, now come back room already still have to stand another 20 minutes for shower. The best  after a tiring working day are..

..ahh.. this is the best.. And if you all spot the tea packet there, it is a green tea packet. Friend once told me that this works after a whole day standing. So I tried... and I get conned. Lie one. Still the same. Makes no difference. Wasted me another pack of green tea geez.. =.= And another good thing is...

..have a cup of your favourite green tea. I know la, it is a bit disgusting to have green tea packets at your feet and at your cup at same time. But this is two different packets ok! But still, how I wish I have a bath tub now that I can immersed myself in, play some soft jazz song and have a glass of fresh, home made fruit juice. Ahh, life will be so perfect by then.. =)

And all this result in a happy me. *insert picture of me smiling* 


I still have a lot to talk about actually especially the really nice people I met today! My nice supervisor, my good customers, my new made sweet friends, the friendly staff over there. How I wanted to tell about how nice and how good they are to me here and how few of them actually thought that I am only 20 (:p) but I really scare that I will jinx things here. I am not being superstitious but things may happen so I just kept the good things to myself this time.

A day passes. Another working day to go tomorrow. It is getting late now and I have to go to bed already. Good night all =) Whoever reading this, I am in really good mood and I love you all! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment