Tuesday, February 7, 2012

the dragon year 2012

So now I am to blog about Chinese New Year after everyone else are done with it. What to do as I am always lazy busy! And I had to admit that the Chinese New Year celebration for this year is not as happening as last year. I really enjoyed my 2011 CNY but for this year, something is missing from it. Great celebration with the one I loved but still... Perhaps it is the time factor that lead to the 'missing'. It was a little bit too early for the CNY 2012 as it happened only two weeks after the sem started. I was not even feel the tension from study and yet, it was already CNY. All play along the starting of the year. Which is not a good thing at all. So now lets get started with my CNY celebration. Don't really think it will be in details because I had super poor memory that I could not really recall when each event happened. Plus it was not so fun, so I am kind of unmotivated to blog much about it. But there will be lotsa picture for this CNY =)
Warning : There will be a lot of random photos in this post

15th January
Dinner plus first lou sang of the year with university friends. It serves as gathering also farewell for bf.

Group picture

19th January
4 days before CNY. Stact Club and Lion Dance Club organized a night to celebrate CNY. Was invited to join the event. Event was held in two parts where one part is only watching the performances in the hall and the other part was to have dinner in the hall while watching performances. Mine is obviously having dinner while watching performances woot! Ticket for that will cost RM35 but I got it for free! Yay! Sorry Ryan to tell that the food served is crappy :( but I swear the performances are gorgeous!

Friends that sat a table with me. 

22nd January
CNY eve. As usual, my family had reunion dinner at uncle's house. The reunion dinner tradition still goes on even after grandma passed away.

The dishes. 

23th January
First day of CNY + youngest brother birthday! Bought nothing for him as in deep red :p What! That is the end of the month! So normal to be in deep red at the date okay! But still, jie jie loves you! =D

A photo of me and my handsome brother! Happy birthday!!

Visited Jimui Jianqin's and Lingkhee's house at the day. Visited only two houses because their house is freaking far! 45min drive from my place! Lucky it is not me to drive LOL

The driver and co-driver for the day LOL

Jimui Jianqin. Super love her Superman tee. I want one too T__T

Lingkhee. Upload this photo because my legs look so slim and loooooonnnng here. Thanks Thatcher for snapping this good picture of me! And then I requested Thatcher to snap another photo of me, alone, showing off my 'slim' and 'long' legs.. 

..which the picture is not as nice as the top one. And my eye bags ruined the picture!

Group picture of the day 

Random picture of the day :

Jesz's heels. So pretty, me want T__T Imma going Charles & Keith later. There is never too much of shoes heels for a girl!

24th February
Second day of CNY. This is the day when the official house visiting tradition started. Girls, this is the 10th years we had this house visiting tradition. We started it since 13 years old and maintained it every single year. It is a kind of celebration we created for ourself. I so hope that we had the group pictures from year to year. It will be great memory to be recalled on in the future. And now we are all 22. Happy 10th anniversary to our house visiting tradition =)

No group photo taken on the day, I guess. So this is the picture with most of the girls in :/

Here comes the very-random random pictures :p

This adorable baby attracts attention of the girls in my house. She is my niece. Super cute yet superb in crying! Which make her even more adorable!

 I have no idea wth is this. Brought in by my aunt because she said no one in her house to feed this little thing.

My favourite in Ivy's house. Ivy's house served the yummy-est serving each year. She serves roti jala, satay, chicken curry and all sort of 1Malaysia food but this is my all time favourite! I <3 multi layer jelly! And to think that I actually finished the whole plate >.<

Dear CCT always served us Yakult but this year is different where she serves Vitagen! Childhood favourite drink!

Attraction in Alex's house. Her name is Miko =)

When it is time to visit Jesz's house, it is always the ice-cream time! Yup, her house serves us ice-cream every single year.

We don't always get to visit Man's house but this year she could make it. And this cute cookies are from her house! 

When I reached house after the tiring day, my house was already 'attacked' by all my relatives =.= Very merry and yet very messy. That's what happened if you gather 40+ people in a small house!

Fireworks show are all around Sempalit, like they are all FOC.

A picture of my mum and me while we are watching fireworks outside the house. Felt so guilty for having such little pictures with mum while I had tons of photos of very random stuff in my phone T__T Seems like the very random stuff are more important than my mum. Which is actually not. 

And so at the night, we gathered again at Symone's house to gamble gamble.

Gamble. Me is the one sitting so unlady like, back facing the camera :/

When gamble time is over, it is the time to play card where the loser drink. And the drink on the table? It is Chivas.

Despite of my low level of tolerance towards alcohol, Chivas is my most favorite alcohol. I love drinking it with portion of 1:infinity parts of Coke! It enhances the taste of the Coke! Super love! Lose twice only so amount of Chivas I drank is only like two sips plus big part of Coke. LOL 

25th January
No activity at the day. Dinner plus lou sang with Jimuis at the night plus gamble at Steven's house. Won RM1 LOL

Yu shang

26th January
Gamble (again) at Shereen's house but this time I am not joining

28th January
Sixth day of CNY. Mummy started to work, so I had to help her T__T And because of that I missed the house visiting session to Kyle's house. Super T________T His house is not near at all, and I don't know to route there so I can't go visit him the other time. Well, have to wait till the next year T__T

开工大吉!Camho at the first day of working :p

Picture when friends visited Kyle's house. I was supposed to be in the picture, haih T__T

Mom was craving for yu shang so we went to buy after work.

I didn't know that yu shang can be taken away. Other family members actually don't really love yu shang so only mum and me eating it. Gain kilos liao T__T

26th January
Get back to Inti. No more CNY liao T__T

3rd February
Went back home because I had four days of holidays ahead! =D

5th February
Went to have CNY dinner with my family, aunt's family and bf at Restaurant Kim Leng Raub. The dinner was held to lou sang together and as a farewell dinner for my bf. Our family did not have lou sang tradition so this is the first time we lou sang together with aunt's family.


A picture with mum <3

6th February
Last day of CNY. I was glad that I could be at home with family at the first day and last day of CNY. It didn't happen all the year and this year I could make it. At this very last day of CNY, we had 'nian gao'. It had a meaning to eat nian gao during CNY but I forgot :p Nvm, since we get all our nian gao for free, lets just have it =)

Nian gao. Favourite during CNY =)

Besides, bf and me release lantern (hung ming lantern) to the sky with our wishes written on it.

My wishes remain simple and same. Everyone that I loved, be happy and healthy every single day! My first attempt to write in Chinese. Yeah, don't mind the writing >.<

This year I am a little greedy. I added in another wish. Everything goes smoothly. Hope I get whatever I want. But still I will be a good child to add in hard work and effort to get whatever I want. Just be nice on me and make the things easier :p

I love taking photos! Me while releasing the lantern! <3

So now I am back to university. CNY was over, time to sweep the holiday and all-day-playing mood away and gain back my nerdy mood. Glad to have another great year with great people in my life. Western's new year was over and Chinese's new year was over. Time to back to the reality and work hard for everything I had wished for. On the road towards my new year resolutions and a better me! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment